Delam repair

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by GFYS posted 10-20-2009 06:17 PM 1002 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View GFYS's profile


711 posts in 3495 days

10-20-2009 06:17 PM

Topic tags/keywords: refurbishing veneering

Ok all you glurus…how would you reglue delaminating plywood on old furniture refurb projects. The outer veneer has bubbled up and I want to make the bubble go away. I do not want to remove the panel and can’t access the edge.

3 replies so far

View patron's profile


13606 posts in 3365 days

#1 posted 10-20-2009 06:30 PM

slice it with a sharp razor and get some glue under it ,
plastic and pad and clamp over it .

good luck !

-- david - only thru kindness can this world be whole . If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure. Dan Quayle

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

716 posts in 3643 days

#2 posted 10-20-2009 06:31 PM

Inject glue with a hypodermic needle and clamp as best you can.

-- Don, Pittsburgh

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

3809 posts in 4046 days

#3 posted 10-20-2009 08:02 PM

If it’s hide glue you can add some moisture or more hide glue and run it flat with a warmed iron.
You mentioned antique so I figured maybe.


-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics