So I had to re-cut the small and large racks (the parts with the holes in them that hold the bottles).
My model in SketchUp was fine and dimensioned right. I transferred the dimensions to my cut list just fine. I checked and rechecked the measurement before cutting.
And the racks were each 3” short.
Turns out when I was checking and rechecking, I misread my own handwriting (which is, admittedly, terrible—I work on a computer and have pretty much lost the ability to communicate through pen or pencil, apparently even with myself). So I did check my measurements, I was just working off a bad number.
Oh well—the wrongly dimensioned racks are large enough to be useful on other projects in some way, and I’ll likely use one of them for testing the finish, practicing cutting the mortises and tenons, etc.
So after last night (and I double checked) I have all the pieces ready to be finalized into the parts needed. Next step: cutting the holes for the bottles, then cutting the mortise and tenons.
-- Todd (Denver, CO -- Highlands)