I was going to use dovetails or boxjoints for the drawers but I decided to go simple. After all I have cabinet drawers constructed with less integrity that have been abused for more than 20 years.
I had some poplar that needed using so I glued up some panels to obtain the necessary widths. I cut them out and slotted them to accomodate a 1/4 ply bottom.
I then drilled pocket holes on the outside of the front and back panels of the drawers as well as holes for mounting the drawer fronts. I glued the panels together first and when the glue was dry I screwed the pocket screws in. This avoided the slight misalignment you get sometimes when using pocket screws. Note the right angle clamps i used to ensure the drawers are completely square.
Mounting holes for drawer front
Pocket holes will be covered up by drawer front
The drawer fronts are cherry, of course, and have the same edge pattern routed in them as the top.
I used some scrap cherry boards to create mounting rails for the drawer slides.
I positioned the mounting rails so that each slide would be at the perfect height when mounted even with the bottom of the rail. To make mounting easier I clamped a piece of scrap 1/4” ply under the rail bottom to rest the slide on while I screwed it in.
I did a test fit for one drawer and it lined up perfectly! The drawer fronts will be attached after they are stained.
The drawer slides are ShopFox 14” full extension ball-bearing.
-- Todd, Huntsville, AL