My lovely wife was on me to make a simple box to hold a planter, so I went out to the shop today and whipped this up out of some old, unfinished flooring pieces. Dead simple with one DT per side. She wanted it rustic so it was the perfect chance to try and cut them quick and see how it all fit together. For a straight of the saw tail sides and a chop to the base line, with virtually no paring, I was more than pleased! Finished it all off with a bit of BLO and 3 coats of amber shellac and a bit of sandpaper to finish it off and this is what I ended up with… It is far from anything special, but it was super simple and fun to try under the gun!
|This blog is written by tirebob | 1 entry so far|