This is part two of my restoration blog series.
Progress has been made, enough to warrant an update.
The fence and rails have been painted. There is one coat of Tremclad Professional Rust Primer and one coat of Tremclad Professional White Semi-Gloss. Out of the two cans I had hoped to get at least two coats. As it turns out, one 756(?)mL can equals one side of the fence and rails. I have to wait 48 hours now until I can apply another coat. One can should do it.
I was talking to someone about brazing and he told me I needed an Acetylene torch and a brazing rod. I thought my father had an Acetylene torch, but it turns out it was a Propane torch. My grandpa most likely will have one, I’ll have to wait until Sunday to see.
I’d really like to get it fixed as the crack is making in the direction of the edge. If it goes further, there’s going to be a chunk missing out of the table!
Can anyone tell me the average price of a table saw re-machining? Google is doing nothing to help.
I’ve managed to get the old dust chute out. I spent about 10 minutes looking for some fasteners, turns out it was just sitting in there. I took a hammer and began smashing the particleboard until it broke and was small enough to fit through the opening.
I’ve also cleaned the table with 400 grit wet/dry paper and Mineral Spirits. It works very nicely as the pictures show.
To do list:
-Biesemeyer Fence and Rails re-painted -70% Complete
-Cabinet painted with hammered green paint
-Rust removed from table -Complete
-Dust collection optimized
-Dust shroud designed and built
-Extension wing crack repaired
-Purchase shop fox mobile bases
That concludes this blog post. Thanks for reading!
-- --Tyrone - BC, Canada "Nothing is ever perfect, we just run out of time."