I painted the whole thing bright yellow. If I knock my head on it, its my own fault.
I glued and nailed strips (1” wide) on all four-sides to create tracks for the filters. There are two sets, the first is for a cheap filter and the second is for a higher quality filter.
A quick 5/8” hole in the ceiling allowed for the 12 gauge extension cord to enter the box. I spliced the cables and attached the neutral wire inside the box and put the ground and line wires through the gang box.
Simple wire job.
1) Extension cord black to the common pole
2) Fan Black (High) to the top switch
3) Fan Blue (Medium) to the middle switch
4) Fan Red (Low) to the bottom switch
5) Extension cord green to the ground pole
Filter compartment is screwed closed.
Only thing left to do is to attach the chain to hang from the ceiling, which I will pick up at the store tomorrow.
-- Fr. Thomas, http://www.monkwerks.org