The box is all put together. I love clamps!
After I took it out of the clamps, I gave it a light sanding with 80 grit. Then I ran it through the table saw with a depth set to about 1/16” from the thickness of the walls. A handsaw was able to complete the cut.
When cutting the rabbets to inset the lid and base, I decided not to pay close enough attention and routed on the wrong side. I didn’t want to remake the part so I refit the pins and tails. The problem was that it created a 1/4” gap in one of them. I was able to rip a small piece of stock to the appropriate width and glue it into place. After it dried, the flush saw and sanding made it barely noticeable.
-- Fr. Thomas, http://www.monkwerks.org