So… I realized that some of the slight design modifications I made to the clock plans now mean that (once finished) you won’t be able to set the clock or change the battery! :) Gotta rethink some things.
The original plans call for butt hinges mounted to the side of the clock case (on the outside). Instead, I’m going to use some rear pivot hinges I found at Lee Valley. They’ll be totally hidden, and they mount (mortise free) to the back of the doors with pins riding in drilled holes. Easy install.
I’ve settled on Teak Oil for the finish. Also, I’m weighing weather to use pulls on the doors at all. I don’t have a lathe so I can’t turn them out of walnut, and I’m afraid I won’t get stained pulls to match. I had thought of just coving a finger pull into where the door and case meet. I’m also not planning on any catch, instead thinking I’d use a magnet. We’ll see!
Last task is to make the quarter-round mouldings I’ll use to hold in the glass/panel, and to design and print the clock face. I might finish this Friday!
-- Laziness minus Apathy equals Efficiency