An important aspect of building furniture that many new woodworkers overlook, is the importance of finishing BEFORE the project is completely glued together. That’s the primary focus of this part of the series.
A few of the topics covered in this part:
- How to deal with color differences between plywood and solid wood trim.
- Raising the grain and applying water-based dyes.
- Theory and application of wiping varnish.
- Creating shelf pin holes for adjustable shelving.
- Applying angled trim to the shelves.
- Final glueup and clamping strategy.
-- For free video tutorials and other cool woodworking stuff, check out http://www.TheWoodWhisperer.com