Today was another productive day, as my friend was able to help again. We put up the rest of the wall sections and also made the front peice, allowing for a 6’ double door opening. Then we secured the walls to the base and to each other, using screws. We then moved onto the matter which is the roof, we started off by creating two turnkeys out of some scrap. We attached them at each end of the shop using clamps and screws. The ridge beam was only 16’ long so we had to join two of them together, I have been told in the past that a scarf joint is the best way of doing this. After joining the two peices together we lifted it into place. Tomorrow we will hopefully start on the roof joists, and then fixing the ply.
Oh yeah, My new drill and inpact driver should arrive tomorrow so that will be a big help :-)
-- For wood working podcasts with a twist check out http://thetimberkid.com/