Well today was an extremley busy day my dad and I went and did a tree clean up job for a guy in my scout troop. We hauled out 2 mounded 8’ x 16’ trailer loads of box elder and I got some pretty nice wood but thats a later blog. When we were all done with the tree and had everything cleaned up I got to get back to work on my WorkBench. So I put the end aprons on, made the clamp bars and got the holes drilled in them notched them out and put the slots in the bench top pieces and drilled the holes for those too. All in 6 hours kind of slow I know. So here are the clamp bars that are finished and ready to be put to use.
This is the entire clamp bar view.
This shows you the radius that was cut in the corner to prevent splitting thats a 1/4” radius and a 1 1/2” x 2” notch taken out.
I also got the whole base of the bench assembled.
I noticed the space underneath the bottom aprons that will support the shelf and I think that I am going to make a set of drawers to go under so I can store finishes and tools and stuff like that I have to design that yet.
Here is a couple of views of the bench top section where the slots were milled and the holes were drill for the custom nuts to go into.
And finally to close this blog entry, I was able to get one section of the top into the clamps and have the glue setting up. I am going to write another couple blog entries on how the clamps work eetc. and the final assembly as well as the drawer. So until then