Well it has been a long time since I added an entry to my blog so I thought that I would continue updating my progress on the two shaker end tables I am building. Now that I have a biscuit joiner and a dovetail jig I was able to make the drawers and have been doin pretty good. I have changed the design so I can cover up the end grain as best I could and decided to put on a walnut bread-board edge.
The drawer sides and back have to put the pins in the front still and mill the grove for the bottom but so far so good.
Close up of the dovetails. I think they look pretty good.
This is the wlnut that will be for the bread-board edge I am putting on.
The rest of the walnut, it was an 8’ piece.