So I started getting into woodworking and bought a hand plane. So as soon as I got home I wanted to use it, so I put a peice of wood in my vise and started planeing. Five minutes later, my bench was four feet farther forward than it originally started. So I moved it back and kept going. Well I have done that for the past year and a half, and have decided enough is enough. So while I was in school I designed a Work Bench. Here are the specs on the bench:
1. The bench is four feet deep, six feet long and stands at about 40” from the ground to the top.
2. I will have a face vise and a butt vise on it.
3. The top is Solid maple and four inches thick.
4. I have a cabinet base with 12 drawers.
5. The cabinet is five feet wide, four feet deep and three feet tall.
6. Total cost for the 275bdft of hard maple and two vises is $1700
7. I will keep everyone posted on the progress and have some pics of the wood when I buy it after christmas.
Just wondering, I am thinking that the bench will way about 800 lbs, is that pretty accurate?