Saturday late afternoon I got the chance to run out and glue up the top to the Shaker Table and let it sit overnight in the clamps. Sunday I got to spend most of the day in the shop and got the bottom and top rails installed, cut the top down to its final size, and began to sand the be-Jesus out of it.
Got it down to 220 grit, installed the top (somewhere during the day I also installed the drawer stop in the back), and now, except for the drawer pull, construction is done.
This project had a lot of firsts for me. First Mortise and Tennon, first dovetail, first tapered legs, first COMPLETED project that started with rough wood.
All in all very satisfying.
I’m having problems with pictures today, so you’ll need to click on the images below to get the full thing. Sorry.
-- Kerry Drake, Loudon NH, http://thenickedfinger.wordpress.com/