Take it easy on me fellas, this is my first blog. This started out because it looked easy. I got the plans from my Wood Magazine stash in the October 2007 issue. The more I got into it, the more I wish I could have found something a little easier. Working with MDF isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. My only dislike is you can’t find or buy MDF in half sheets. Oh well here are some pictures of the project as I go along. I’m to the point I have two more pieces to cut out and then ready for painting.
This is the top wing.
A start to the fuselage, waiting for glue to cure.
Here’s the two wings, the bottom wing is on top of the stack. The two wing struts, the Z shaped pieces, the wing strut braces (in the rear of the picture) and the propeller. I had to cut out a new propeller because the first printing of the pattern was in two pages and I screwed up taping the two sheets together. There was supposed to be a hub in the center of the propeller.
Here’s a partially put together rendition. Everything is just sitting there while I took the photo. A good strong breeze would have knocked everything over.
I’ll update it as I get some more done. This cold weather down here in south Georgia makes it difficult to get out and work in a cold, unheated shop.
-- When asked what I did to make life worthwhile in my lifetime....I can respond with a great deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served a career in the United States Navy."