In this part of my blog, I’m going to describe how I built the headstock overlay for my Les Paul inspired electric guitar. The overlay is in keeping with my No Plastic theme. I wanted it to have flame maple bindings and real Mother of Pe...
|View thamar's:||home||workshop||projects (7)||blog (6)||reviews (1)||forum topics (0)||buddies (0)||favorites (0)||activity log|
None so far
42 posts in 1790 days
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 7 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 6 »
After a couple of false starts this is the progress to date on the fretboard: I got some 1/4” Phenolic -CE grade board on ebay. This is a very stiff resin type board that has layers of cloth embedded in it. It is way better than MDF or ...
I would like to use natural wood binding on the Les Paul type body. My day at the shop started off well enough. I wanted to create a wood binding made up of maple and Peruvian walnut alternating veneer strips. Today I cut the walnut veneer on ...
After laminating the wood for the neck, the next step was to cut the angle at the top of the headstock. To do so, I built a simple jig for my 10” tablesaw. Basically it is a 3/8” Baltic Birch plywood base and a fence made up of thr...
I’ve decided to embark on a journey to try to build my version of a Les Paul style guitar. I am anticipating that most of the time on this project will be spent making various jigs and just trying to figure out the best construction seque...