LumberJocks

Bench

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by Dave T updated 05-19-2010 04:40 AM 4 parts 3608 reads 3 comments total

Part 1: The idea and project start

04-26-2010 05:15 AM by Dave T | 0 comments »

This is going to be a small display bench to fill in a small wall between the dining room and living room. Not really designed to seat a person, more for display items (ie. my wife’s dolls or bears, something along that line). I drew up the plan in Sketchup, it’s going to be about 34” in height floor to top rail, about 26” wide and 13” deep. The seat will be hinged and a small compartment will be framed in under the seat. Have no idea what is to be stored the...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Tenon's and first dry fit

05-09-2010 05:18 PM by Dave T | 0 comments »

With the rocking chairs out of the way I can now move on to items on my honey do list. Made some good progress yesterday. All the tenons on back rails and bottom aprons. When I cut all the mortises I missed one. I roughed it our, but didn’t finish cleaning it out (the one on the left in the picture so I have one more mortise and tenon to fit. With that said I did a dry fit. Thanks for reading

Read this entry »


Part 3: Today's progress & minor design changes

05-10-2010 03:18 AM by Dave T | 0 comments »

This project is coming along quite nicely. I am surprised how quick it’s coming together :). Today I finished the mortise I forgot to clean out, finshed fitting the mortises and did another dry first. before continueing. Everything fit pretty well. So on to shaping the top rail. Did my layout and everything and was talking to my wife about the project, well lo and behold she has a little bit of an idea. She has some candle sticks with stars on them and she thought we should contin...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Ready to finish

05-19-2010 04:40 AM by Dave T | 3 comments »

Well here it is. Ready to finish. Didn’t turn out quite the way I expected, had to make a couple of design modifications due to (no better way to put) being stupid and not taking 5 minutes to double check for square before quitting for the day. DOH! A simple clamp adjustment would have been all it took, but NO NO NO my mortises and tenons all looked nice and tight so I left it. So to makle a long story short the seat did not fit right and I had to make a modification. 1) moulding ...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase