The wood working part of this has been done for awhile. I’ve finally got moving on the upholstery. Had a couple of local shops come out and look at the chairs to do the cushions. Lots of nice comments, but high estimates on the cost of cushions. One was close to $500 per chair, ouch. Needless to say it was put on the back burner for awhile. After a few weeks of walking by the chairs every day I thought I would check back with Woodsmith where I got the plans to see how they did their cushions. Lo and behold they have a video on the web site of exactly how they did it. DOH why didn’t I look there first right? Now the fun begins, look for local sources of foam, and fabric. Found a couple of places and a couple of fabrics we like. One is a faux leather, very soft and nice to the touch. The other is traditional fabric with a really simple pattern. Next on to the foam. I was figuring a few bucks for the foam, well I got a little sticker shock at the price of high density upholstery foam in these stores. After recovering from the shock, started looking around on the internet at foam again this past weekend. Found all the stuff I need minus said fabric and it should be here this week. Still ended up being a little more pricy than I was expecting, but more reasonable anyway even with the shipping costs.
After looking at these chairs sitting in the basement collecting dust for the last 4 months I can’t wait to finish them and have a seat :)