This is my first commisioned piece. No in progress pics on this one, but it’s almost finished. 2 coats of Tung oil finish on it so far. It’s a close replica of the antique chair the client brought to me. The only thing I really changed was the arms. The original arms were not very sturdy and had broken across the grain a couple of times and had been repaired.
I actually built 2 different chairs. The first one had square legs and wasn’t working. I’ll beef that one up and give it to my youngest grand daughter. During the original building phase I ended up buying a lathe. Great timing. After some experimentation I ended up turning the legs, back pieces and arms. Turned out not too bad for my first real time turning.
Thanks for looking