I didn’t get as much shop time as I would have liked to over the last couple of days, and the time I did spend I had to fix a couple of leg veneer whoopsies. Somehow through the repition of glueing the veneers on the 8 leg blanks, and all the pieces laying around I got myself confused on 2 of the leg blanks and glued the veneers on the wrong faces…DOH. Oh well plane cut them back down to the right size and cut new veneers and reglue. Problem # 1 solved. Trimmed up the veneers on the non screwed up legs and found a couple of the glue joints had opened up. I’m thinking maybe due to not enough clamping pressure or maybe I didn’t use enough clamps to pull it tight. So I cut those veneers off and started the process over. The leg blanks look much better now. While waiting for the glue to try on these I was able to cut all the spindles (74 of them to be exact). I only need 68 for the 2 chairs (17 per side), but I figured a few extra wouldn’t hurt. I then was able to get the upper and lower side rails cut for the sides.
Tomorrow back to work, but maybe can sneak a couple of hours in the shop when I get home in the afternoon to make some head way.
Thanks for reading.