alright so since i have a lot of cleanup work left on the pie crust i figured I might as well get the tea table out of the way. The tea table is a fairly simple build but is a beautiful piece. So i have already cut the legs and aprons and now it was time to cut the profile on the aprons. I started by making the templates. I put a lot of work into my templates so that later on when i route the profile i won’t have a lot of cleanup work. especially on the bubinga. all of these are laid out with a compass. i just use my combination square to mark square lines and transfer lines down the edge of the board. besides that it is all compasses and i find that that makes the best templates.
then once this was done i just cut out the profile on the bandsaw staying about 1/32” away from the line. then i used a spiral carbide flush trim bit to route the profile. the spiral bit produces the best cut possible even in this bubinga. then some file work and sanding and my profile is done. I got some pictures of them on the table and here they are.
so thats it for today. not much but in the end it shows. hopefully i can do the cabriolet legs on Wednesday since i have the day off. cabriolet legs in bubinga. that should be fun ;)