alright i was away for the weekend and unable to post on my progress but i have to get everyone all caught up now. A lot of progress has happened.
Alright so first i milled up my legs. The legs are 1 3/4” square with a 1” taper and 4” mortises in each of them. i made the mortises with my router and they came out very nice.
then i started to work on the aprons. the small aprons are simple and i have them all done. nto glued yet but all fit
now the front apron is where the hard part lies. it is bowed and it is a very wierd but cool curve so i had to take a lot of precaution with it. first i milled up all of my little veneer pieces to a little under 1/8” do i had 9 of them and bent laminated them to the curve. this was a difficult glue up but im really happy with how it came out.
then once it was out i smoothed it all with a scraper and proceeded to cut the drawer fronts out of it. i used my bandsaw along with the caul that i used to glue it up. then i glued all of the pieces together to get my front apron. this was a difficult glue up also because everything need to be perfectly in line. but im satisfied with it.
i dont have any new pictures but right now it is out of the clamps and it looks great. today i am hoping to finish assembling the desk and get ready to install the drawer frames as well as dovetail the drawers. i also got my shipment from sharpeningsupplies.com and now my chisels are razor sharp
im gonna need them this way to hand cut the dovetails in the drawers. really excited about those