The South Room will never make it in an issue of Better Homes and Gardens. For what I need, it’s coming along better than expected. I’m not done with the space.
The East (left side) and South walls are damp, even wet, all year round, so I doubt I will ever stud up a wall. I also doubt the gold colored steel cabinet will stay there. For now it keeps me from bumping my ribs or head against the capped off gas line service coming out of the wall. You can see the capped end to the left of The Washboard sitting atop of the cabinet.
The sister gold cabinet sits between the sewer pipe and bench. A good place for it. The Kobalt steel tool chest’s handle broke off, so I stripped it of it latching hardware. Now it’s a benchtop tool chest.
The shelf is as thick as you see it in this photo. Three of the five braces are on studs, so I’m comfortable with the weight of parts cabinets upon it. This bench will eventually be for electronics and scale modeling projects.
Last week I made two shelves for the bench, replaced the nailed boards top with thick, vinyl veneered particle board. Above I used two of the three Rubbermaid shelf trays I acquired from my parents, spaced out to accommodate a small shelf unit to hold empty sanitary wipe containers.
I’ve relocating materials to this space when it makes sense to do so. I’ll get the mess tamed soon enough.