Shortly after I finished the router table base it occurred to me that this could be a multi-purpose base. I knew the melamine top wasn’t deep enough to accommodate the Skilsaw 3410-02 table saw, but the newly acquired Delta 35-510 had a smaller body that fit nicely with room to spare all around. The bolts you see sticking up from the melamine are for the router table. I was glad to see that they wouldn’t interfere with the table saw.
I am a pack rat, holding onto anything that has the remotest possibility of being useful in the future. I found in my parts bin a hardwood knob that I had long ago epoxied thin cork strips to for a grip. I drilled a 3/8” hole 1/2” deep into the flat end to accommodate the shaft, then routed out a slot across the hole for the sheer pin using my old Dremel Drill Press. Because of the cork grip it is easy to turn, but it does take quite a few turns to raise and lower the blade. For now this works well and the bent shaft may not allow for a replacement OEM wheel to work, anyway.
Tomorrow I will cut out a square hole in the melamine and chipboard top for sawdust extraction. I have some plywood that will work well in making a partial box underneath that will be attached to the chipboard back. Before I do that I will cut an extraction port out of the back that I can use with my shop vac. I’ll post pictures of this final adjustment when completed.
-- -- Paul Bucalo, Norwich NY USA