Its been a while since I’ve posted anything project-related. My time has been consumed with work-work and not wood work.
So my wife has this table which she moved into the house when we got married. I can’t stand the thing and it is constantly being bumped, knocked over, and hit into the wall.
Its ugly, veneered, and flimsy so I’ve tried everything short of burning it to get it out of there. Finally my wife told me to make something to replace it or get lost.
I planed some of the QSRO my dad gave me a while back and am using it for the majority of the piece. The quasi- breadboard ends are walnut. I decided to let the groove run all the way to the edge of the boards since my cabinets are made that way and because of the curved edge. The ends of the main top are cut at a 15 degree angle and I finished making a ply router template last night. I would have finished the job with a band saw, but I don’t trust myself. I still might go that route because my edge trim bit has only 5/8” of cutter length. I have yet to cut the backsplash and supports underneath, but once I do, I’m planning on just biscuit joining everything together and finishing it off in med walnut Danish Oil.
-- Dan, Rochester, NY