Here is the second part of my krenov build. I had to modify the plans a bit to fit a two inch iron. I placed a good edge on my old plane iron but it was to brittle. So I had to use a new style iron and chip breaker. I used a wine stain to give it a bit of depth. Then I sanded with 120 grit to seal the pores and used an oak gel stain. The last coat of color was walnut. It was sanded again and airbrushed with waxed shellac. I used about a 3/4 pound cut. Because of the iron change the wedge is a bit tight. She still needs to have some tweaking. So as promised here is part two of the making of the plane. After tweaking I will show how good or bad it works.
And for those that have not seen the first part it can be found here.
All questions and comments are welcome. This was a first for me and a fun build. And as all firsts, the second will be better.
Oh yeah the base is jatoba, the body is gum and maple, the wedge is an old oak fence post.
Thanks Dave ;)
-- Superdav "No matter where you go - there you are." http://chiselandforge.com