Ok we got iced in from a winter storm and that made me some shop time. So let the glue up commence. It is not a very big assembly but I have been working on it for a while.
What do you see wrong on the leg assembly. Some moron, namely me, ran my dadoes out of the ends of my rails. Now I will need to figure out a cover up plan.
So while the glue dried I had a cutoff of the lid and started playing with some finishes. I used some bright red milk-paint and laid a coat of it about a week ago. Then I sanded with 100 grit. Then I stained it with Mahogany finish. I let that set up, and then rubbed it down with linseed oil. Sanded with 150 grit. I hand rubbed 5 coats of 1 lb dewaxed shellac. And this is what I have so far.
Its black walnut.
The lid is on the floor behind it. Standing up to the left of the board I am holding. I have some filler in a check that is still not dry 2 weeks later. I hate the wait in winter time. The sapwood even has figure.
-- Superdav "No matter where you go - there you are." http://chiselandforge.com