My lid for my bench has a large knot hole with a check in it. So I had put some filler in it and have been waiting for over a week for it to dry.
Its still damp.
So I went to work on the joinery on the rails. I had a fellow lj make a suggestion that the layout of the tails did not give the appearance of hand cut. So I cut them off and chose a tighter layout.
The new layout was almost to tight for my 1/8 chisel to get through.
I still haven’t got used to the way my new saw tracks.
Now I have a bad habit of designing as I build.
The big picture is in my head not on paper. So I layed out the pins on the leg assembly. Aah the pins will be cut across the grain.
So with a hole lot of aggravation at myself. I milled the bottom of the bench out of ceder, while I thought of my next step. [the rails are getting a little shorter each redesign]
I chose a doweled butt joint. I hate butt joints.
This is a General brand dowel jig. I don’t like it either.
Any way I started the dry fit.
I’m tired and cold and aggravated. Its Sunday and we are under a winter storm alert. I think I will go in before the power goes out mid saw cut.
-- Superdav "No matter where you go - there you are." http://chiselandforge.com