|Workshop by Richard||posted 04-23-2012 05:14 AM||969 reads||0 times favorited||1 comment|
click the marker to see the address
I work in a pre-WWII garage that houses a menagerie of used woodworking gear of various vintages:
- Rigid 2412-1 TS
- Shop Fox W1706 Band Saw
- Three Craftsman Routers of various power and collet size
- Craftsman Benchtop Drill Press
- Dewalt Miter Saw
- Ridgid 6HP Shop Vac
- Simpson Sears 4 1/8” Jointer
- A fair number of hand planes
- A handful of vintage hand saws.
- Various other lesser tools, including a circular saw, a power and cordless drills, finish sander, etc.
In addition to my tools, I also share space with SWMBO’s gardening gear and various other stuff. Not ideal, but I make the best of it.
Planned upgrades for the shop as time and funding allow, in no particular order -
- Miter saw The existing Dewalt is not compound or sliding and limited to 4” cutting width.
- Router Nothing wrong with the craftsman’s I already have, but the Milwaukee 5615-24 has been calling to me for a long time!
- Router Table or insert for the TS I was going to spring for a TS insert and the previously mentioned Milwaukee 5615-24 earlier this year, but SWMBO put the kybosh on that plan with ideas of her own.
Planned knowledge upgrades for me -
- Rob Cosman The Great Hand Plane Revival DVD I am not interested in hand planes for display, I want workers
-- "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain