This is where I’m at today! I’ve pretty much taken everything apart so I could paint. I did forget to mention that this lathe has the step pulley, not the variable speed (wish it was VS). I had some trouble taking the tool rest apart, the support clamp bolt was rusted to the shaft. Finally after a lot of WD40 and a use of a small sledge, I got it freed up. It was missing the original plate on the underneath side of the tool rest. Going to have to see if I can find one. The head assembly came apart pretty easily. There was some play in the indexing wheel (I guess this is a known problem), so I had a friend weld it to the spacer. I still need to clean the stand before I paint it, there is a lot of old finish that got splattered to the back side of stand. I’m hoping a scraper and some elbow grease will get rid of it.
I haven’t started putting everything back together yet, but you can see that I have the main parts of the lathe painted. I am using spruce green rustoleum paint, sure makes a big difference.
I’ll try to take more pictures when I assemble the parts. I’m going to go set the new bearings today.
-- Steven - "Good enough for who it's for!"