As you know from my last blog in this series, my first test of the new clock resulted in the main weight crashing down. I was standing next to it when it happened and my reaction caused my back to go a little bad.
My grandson was supposed to come and work on his project today, so I used yesterday to get the weight back in order and to clean up the shop. I had planned to make a new weight, but I determined that the problem was caused by the thinning out that I did on the inside of the ends. I just cut those away and re-glued the one glue joint that separated.
My back wasn’t too good and my wife told me not to go into the shop, but I did anyway and now I am totally laid up for the time being, so I had to cancel today’s session with my grandson.
The bottom line is that the clock is ready for testing, but I am not, so it will have to wait until I’m back on my feet. My wife is not too happy with me either since I didn’t follow her good advice (she is a nurse after all). On the positive side I don’t have to wash any dishes or do any DIY. I’m looking forward to a very boring weekend and perhaps beyond.
I just wanted you to know why my clock isn’t running yet. No need to comment on my physical predicament as my frustration far outweighs the pain on my drama scale. The last time my back was this bad back in 1990 I was out of work for a whole year. I sure hope that will not be the case this time.
Sorry to disappoint. Thanks for reading.
-- Mike, an American living in Norway.