I was hoping to get a lot done today, but I was called on to provide transport. That is one of my two main functions. The other is heavy lifting. My wife takes care of all the intellectual stuff, like thinking and such.
I got the lower large flame done and I filled in the with African blackwood on the jagged part behind the lower leg. I am not done with this area yet, as I plan to cut some out of the black area to put some yellow into it. I haven’t done any other black parts yet. The other black you see is just where I’ve cut out.
The black infill was the most difficult work so far as it is fairly detailed and hard to accurately trace prior to cutting. It is hard to see pencil lines on black wood, so I just put a piece of masking tape on top to draw the pattern on. It did come out pretty good. I will be leveling tomorrow and sanding a little as the infill piece was slightly thicker than my main workpiece.
-- Mike, an American living in Norway.