It’s been a 2 year delay, so I guess I better get going on this project again…
The bread boards were previously planed at the same time as the top boards.
I cut the dados with a slot cutting router bit on the router table. Then I cut the top to length on the TS with a panel sled. I cut the tennons on the ends with a hand router and a rabbiting bit with a guide bearing.
I cut the slots short on the front side of the bread boards to hide the joint…
One of these ruptured when mounted, so I had to chisel out the blow out square and plug it.
I ripped both sides to get the final width and the ripped the ends in the panel sled to get the final length.
Sanded 80-150-220 and have a silly smooth surface.
-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!