While the saw was still on the job site stand, I mounted the DC hood to the saw’s clamping base by drilling holes in the T-track and using carriage bolts.
Now I can mount the DC hood to the stand independently. So I planed some 2×6 scrap to the correct thickness and secured it to the stand with deck screws. Then I lined up the hood and drilled two 3/8” holes in the base, just letting the brad points create a pilot in the blocks. Then I drilled 1/2” holes in the blocks for threaded inserts and attached the DC hood base plate with thumb screws.
Now both the saw and the DC hood can be removed from the stand without tools.
I mounted the new kerf plate I ordered from ereplacementparts.com and set about squaring up the saw fence to the blade while positioned in the 90 deg. detent. This took 10 iterations, of cut, measure, adjust, before I finally got it dead on. Then I mounted a sacrificial piece of 1/2” birch plywood to the fence so I’ll have ZCI support below and behind.
-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!