Well my daughter has been away at camp and she’s volunteering at VBS when she gets back, so I decided that this project needed a jump start while she was gone….
Styles ripped and cut to final length…. I don’t have a fence with a stop, so this is how I get them all exactly the same…
I have some metal working layout tools that I find quite handy for accurate set ups…. here I’m setting the depth of cut and setback for the groove cut in the front styles….
Dead on…. withing .003” on the first shot.
I previously prepped all of this stock form rough resawn boards and unfortunately, with multiple set ups and passes through my old Delta lunch box “super sniper” planer, I was not able to get the thickness exactly the same on all of this stock. So I used the actual groove in the front style to set up the TS fence and depth of cut to make a matching tounge in the side style, being carefull to reference all dims off of the exterior faces.
A little clean up with a utility knife and their ready for dry fitting…
nice and snug fit…. needs just a little clean up with the belt sander to make the outer edges perfectly flush.
-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!