I mounted and alligned the table today… I took a good long time using a combinatin square and feller gauges and got the blade parallel to the miter slot within ~.002”
Then I put on the wings and found that both sides were “drooping” so I had to shim them to get them coplanar with the table. I used clamps and blocks to mount them flush and I’m very happy with the results.
Next task was to square the blade to the table and check the arbor runout. I couldn’t get my dial indicator to reach down in to read directly off the arbor, so I mounted a rip blade and ran off of that…
I was pleased to see that even measuring off the blade at point ~7” dia. I was only getting +/- 0.0015”, so I’m anticipating some really smooth cuts.
I started to mount the fence ‘L’ rails, and found the stock I’ll need to make a new extension table frame.
I also found a slab of melamine large enough for the extension table…. So I’ll take that into work tomorrow and look for an opportunity to stay late so I can get on the CNC router, to cut my router plate and fence cutouts.
-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!