Being a low budget project…. I first had to take inventory of what I had kicking around…
> several half sheets of 1/2” particle board
> a dozen 3/4” dowels (stained)
> left over paint from the destination room
I decided to use the same footprint and base height as the free plans…. but then sized the platform to match the cats’ bed and set the pole height to match the level of the window by the bird feeders.
It seems that cat’s like to “think” that their hidden, but still be able to spy on their surroundings, so I put peep holes in the “room”.... and since we hope to have a litter with the female next year… this might serve well as a nursery :^)
So here’s what I came up with:
I’ll wrap the pole with twine (with a dash of cat nip) and it will hopely serve as a scratching pole as well.
Next to detail the individual parts and joints
-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!