We took the first day of a planned vacation and layed low trying to get everyone healthy…. so I got some decent shop time and accommplished the following…
I milled the risers out of cut offs from SPF 2×10s that I used for rafters in the kiddo’s tree house last summer… it’s good practice for me to go through the jointer-jointer-TS-planer routine again….
but somehow my jointer (a 1930s Craftsman) got out of whack… so I got to “practice” re-alligning that again to… I went ahead and gave the knives a quick honing on the Arkansas stone while I was at it… Once again, I’m amazed how well this old boy does, when it’s dialed in.
Moving on to banding the top… I found enough pine trim rips on my rack to make it around the perimeter… so back to the jointer-jointer-planer-planer-planer-TS to get them down to 1/2” thick and just a little wider than the 1-1/4” top.
Once again….. not enough clamps :^)
Here’s one of the better mitered corners…. looks like I’ll need to keep practicing that technique
-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!