tweeked the riser design back to the four riser layout in the original plan…. this will decrease the unsupported span on the top and create a solid load path from the bench top to the floor.
I didn’t have as many hard wood 3×5’s kicking around as I thought (and the two I found had deep checks) ... so I’m also going back to dimensional lumber for the risers and will double up the outboard pair.
Rather than making a HD run and picking the 2×6 pile…. I dragged in some 2×8 cut offs from last years tree house project from the barn and jointed and planed them flat. Hardly worth the time and electricity to do so… but one of the purposes of this project has been to clean up some storage space by using up old material.
As a reward for my thriftyness….. I totally plugged up my DC hose to the planer and joiner…. as they produced coarse shreds, and not chips. Me shoving the boards through end over end like a production line didn’t help any.
I’m borrowing a furnature dolly tonight and going to risk bodilly harm to get this beast down off of the bench and over to it’s destination on the other side of the shop.
Wish me luck.
-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!