A big part of the challenge in displaying all 6 sides is the stand. . I spent a lot of time designing a stand that shared elements from the font. It took several iterations to get something that looked natural and part of the theme of the bo...
|View sras's:||home||workshop||projects (15)||blog (51)||reviews (0)||forum topics (7)||buddies (53)||favorites (1184)||activity log|
4205 posts in 2128 days
Location: Vancouver, WA
I have been woodworking for 30+ years. I hope to post more of my work in the coming months. Enjoy trying new concepts and design styles.
Grew up on a farm in Iowa (between Renwick and Hardy). Engineering education at Iowa State in Ames (BSME). Masters at Stanford.
Employed with Hewlett Packard since 1982 in Vancouver, Wa.
-- Steve - Impatience is Expensive
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 15 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 51 »
The last picture from the previous post is a good place to start for this segment. After the inlays were done, each piece is rabbeted on all 4 sides. The bloodwood edging also has a rabbet. Since the joint is visible from both sides and I had a...
For the letter pattern, I started with a Medusa font. I had to modify it quite a bit to work with my 1/8” router bit. . I then sliced some veneer from the wenge. The veneer cuts were just over 1/16” and ended up at about 0.040...
I wanted to have a specific color combination: . Yellow field, Black letters and Red trim. . I chose Yellowheart, Wenge and Bloodwood. I had never worked with any of these before. While shopping, I found some sycamore for the inside of...
Sorry – no pictures on this one. They will show up in the next post. Just a brief introduction to this project. . My brother and sister-in-law have a gift exchange we do. It is not tied to any holiday or schedule. When we are ready to ...