1. You’ve gone from almost no hand tools to knowing the differences between Type 8 and Type 9 Stanley hand planes in less than a year.
2. You find yourself making excuses like: Well the number 5 I have now doesn’t have a corrugated bottom.
3. You make a dedicated plane shelf in your shop.
4. You find yourself spending a spare 15 minutes honing anything sharp to ensure it’s ready for the next use.
5. You find yourself using a plane on things that probably don’t need it…like window sills.
6. You find yourself trying to teach your parents which chisels can be used with hammers and which ones can’t….
-- Scott, Austin-Texas...