I’m slowly making a Woodgears.ca bandsaw. Between a new job and a baby I’m not making very quick progress though.
I hopefully will be done in a year.
So far I have the frame roughly built, both wheel mounts are roughed-out, the wheels are rough cut, and the wheels have one bearing flange glued on.
For the frame I used a combination of cheap pine from Lowe’s sandwiched with some oddly colored maple.. I assume it’s spalted. It was all the wood shop had at the time. I didn’t want to use just pine, so I sandwiched it with the maple to save a little money.
Next steps are glue on the other bearing flanges, making sure there’s no wobble in the wheels. I anticipate that step taking some time.