So this is where I left off. I moved the hutch inside for a dress rehearsal on the buffet.
Back out to the shop / garage for the finish. 2 coats of diy WOP. After a days set up and drying I sprayed the whole project over 3 days with 4 coats of water born Varathane.
After at the Varathane hardened I installed the drawer hardware.
Making the trim to secure the mirrors and glass panels.
I used 1/4” plywood to provide backing for the mirrors and slotted washers to hold the mirror assembly to the frame work.
I’ve move the project into the living room in preparation for final assembly.
Here I’m cutting the moulding for the glass side panels.
Pre drilling holes for the brass brads. Nice drill stop eh?
Back panels installed.
Hutch in place and secured. I cut hand holds in the end back panels to aid in moving the piece. I didn’t like the idea of trying to move it by grabbing the top as it is secured with figure 8 washers.
I picked up 3 mini pots from HD. If I had thought of this earlier in the planning stages I would have left enough room for a more attractive switch IE: as the one propose by Pintodeluxe. (Will, the top section was about 1/2” short. I couldn’t squeeze a rocker switch in.:( …)
So after all that…Hear she sits. I’m quite pleased with the out come. Momma thinks it really cool.
As an after thought I built 3 stacking trays for the sliver ware. I lined them with felt and added them to the middle drawer.
This has been a very rewarding project. A bit more challenging than I first thought but well worth the effort.
Thanks for looking.