I bought 5-6/4×96” Cherry boards and 1 Walnut, random width, 7/9” and ran them through the planner.
A little cupping and bowing, but they cleaned up at about 1 5/16. I was going to dress them just a smidge more than 1 1/4 (I wanted 1 1/8 finished) but an aggressive hand on the blade elevation wheel and I ended up with 1 3/16 thick. Sigh!!
Dust collection needs a bit of work.
I cut the boards to final length +2” on each end to be more manageable. Not having a jointer I tried several methods to give me a glue ready edge.
The sled worked out not to bad.
I ripped the Cherry to 6 ½ wide and the Walnut to 3”. Where the 2 halves join the Walnut will be 1 ½” each edge
I glued up the 1st 2 boards then added 1 board at a time to ensure a proper seam.
Even after all the time I spent on glue up there were still several seams that didn’t line up.
Out with the 80G.
Not to bad, but I still had a couple of high spots
After the initial flattening. 2 ends and 2- 12” leaves.
Next up will be trimming the tops to size and cutting out the bread board ends. Thanks fer looking.