I guess some of this should have been posted in the last blog entry….Oh well.
I had some 6/4 cherry left over from the chair build, so I used that for the upper and lower end rails.
Spoke shave to clean up the band saw marks on the arches.
Now for the fun part. After laying out the mortises I removed as much as I could with a ½” brad point bit. The mortises were 5/8 thick so I had a bit to chop out.
Finished end assembly.
The legs are to be 1-3/4 thick, so I planed some 4/4 Cherry down to 5/8, ripped some 4/4 Walnut to 5/16 then gave it a quick run thru to give me nice smooth faces for the glue up.
After cutting to size plus a bit it is time for glue up.
Lay out and drill out the mortises in the legs before cutting the curve.
Clean up the mortises.
Cut the curves on the band saw and clean up with the spoke shave and file.
Assembled end assembly. I still need to drill and insert pegs to pin the mortise and tenon
Thanks for lookin’.