These are some pictures from the beginning stages of my rebuild. I will post more pictures on completion, as well as some videos that I took explaining my process. Rebuild is about 80% complete right now, with all of the small pieces completely stripped, repainted, and greased. I’m working on the tables right now, and am waiting on bearings for the cutterhead and a motor rebuild. What I presume to be the original motor is getting rebuilt as well, however I don’t have use for a 3 phase right now, so it will be on the shelf till I decide what to do with it.
I will give forewarning, this is not a rebuild back to 100% original. It’s getting a different paint job, and I’m cleaning the edges up on some of the rough castings. My goal is to have a table that works better than it did when new, without stressing out too much about the looks. As such, the tables were sanded just enough to remove rust and some staining, but it’s not going to gleam like some of the beautiful jobs I’ve seen done here and on OWWM. I’m replacing the wheel handles with shop made walnut versions, because that is what was available to me, and the originals are missing. I didn’t order the exact bearings quoted for this jointer, because a catalogue number does not make them better bearings. I did source the exact size and type of bearing used, just from a company with a great reputation. The single phase motor I’m using in lieu of the original is 2x the hp at the same rpms. The cabinet is getting soundproofing to make it quiet and to reduce vibration. The bottom 1” of the cabinet is coated with truck bed liner to improve wear characteristics and prevent corrosion. A mobile base is likely in the future. Hope you enjoy the rebuild process as much as I have! – Rich
-- - Rich