Check out the finished product here. Thanks for following along.
|View Luke's:||home||workshop||projects (34)||blog (25)||reviews (3)||forum topics (24)||buddies (3)||favorites (2)||activity log|
542 posts in 2047 days
Location: Snellville, GA
Latest Activity | view all »
|added project||Patriotic Cornhole boards||12-24-2014 03:10 PM|
|commented on||Rookie Woodturner Attempts a Chess Set #1: Woodturning a Pawn||12-19-2014 04:28 AM|
|added project||Thin Quartersawn White Oak Side Table||10-23-2014 01:22 AM|
|commented on||Design Limited||10-13-2014 03:12 AM|
|commented on||JessEm Mast-R-Lift II Unboxing and Installation||08-15-2014 01:34 AM|
|commented on||Chess Board and Table||07-30-2014 03:10 PM|
|added blog entry||Chess pieces and board #10: Chess board finished||07-29-2014 02:07 AM|
|commented on||Morris Chair with Ebony Inlay||07-29-2014 02:04 AM|
|commented on||Teardrop Dulcimer||07-29-2014 02:03 AM|
|commented on||Shut the Box/Clapper Dice||07-29-2014 02:02 AM|
|commented on||First three projects of mine||07-29-2014 02:01 AM|
|commented on||A Simple Pine Bench||07-29-2014 01:58 AM|
|commented on||Cherry Pepper Mill - First turning project||07-29-2014 01:58 AM|
|commented on||Cutting Boards||07-29-2014 01:56 AM|
|commented on||Bedroom Furniture Refurb||07-29-2014 01:55 AM|
Latest Projects | view all 34 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 25 »
Here’s a couple more pics of the progress I’ve made. I glued some veneer around the edges to fill in the gap between the fancy stuff and the edge where the board will transition into the sides. Then it was onto a lot of sanding. What I...
Here is the latest:The pieces are all made. On to the board. Birds Eye Maple and Rosewood.I got the veneer supplies ready to go and glued each piece to the 1/2” Birch Ply after cutting them to rough width, 2.25”. I used the full length...
Here is the latest video I’ve made in my series on chess piece making. This time it’s the bishop. This one has been the most fun to make so far. The knights were fun but so much work went into each one and they were difficult. This was...
I have finished with the knights. This took some doing. Mostly cuts in transverse directions on the scroll saw. Then hand carved, fluted, eyes drilled and all sanded to 600 grit. Several layers of finish with sanding between. Next stop the bishops...