I double checked the layout this morning, fixed them. then decided to tweek the size of the dovetails to be more safe and reduce the risk of splitting. Then I set about mortising. One of my biggest limitations in woodworking in an apartment is not being an obnoxious neighbor and banging on a chisel all day with folks trying to enjoy their weekend below you. So I went ahead and used my brace and bit to remove some of the waste, but at the end of the day you gotta bang on those chisels. I ended the day with only two sides of the main box mortised and sawed. Hopefully some more time tomorrow. I can see already this is going to be a multi-week project.
Double checking the layout.
-- http://woodspotting.com/ -- Discover the most interesting woodworking blogs from around the world