Well I went in the shop last night with full intentions of pulling my intarsia project back from the brink of death. I got started working on it and I was using my handy dandy dremal tool to sand the pieces. All was going ok but the more detail I sanded into the tiny pieces the more the flaws in the cuts really showed themselves. Needless to say I have chocked this one up as a failure.
I have decide to move on and start working on some projects that will be more to my skill level. I think I am gonna start using some scraps and practicing some hand cut joinery. I think this will serve me better in the future.
Thanks for the support, comments and suggestions so far. Keep it coming.