I guess I got lots done today although I didn’t get as far as I wanted to. (Do we ever?) There have been enough blogs on chevy construction and I’ve got lots of pictures so I’ll keep the text to a minimum and let the photos do the explaining.
These are the cheeks for the sides of the columns in way of the arm clamps. I band sawed them to save time.
Then, before I glued them on, I cut the part catching gullets on the column tops.
... and sanded them.
While I was in the band sawing mood I cut the end details on the bases.
These are the carriage logs and posts cut to size.
With a little joinery.
Pitch seams come with the territory with Douglas Fir. I just buried them. There were about five or six.
These are the four sets of seat parts.
Here’s a clamp-up of where I got to today. I have four of these.
The joinery is “off the saw” and can be adjusted but it’s not bad for Q&D.
That’s it for today. Maybe tomorrow I’ll get the shot with a seat attached…........
Thanks for looking in.
-- Paul M ..............If God wanted us to have fiberglass boats he would have given us fibreglass trees. http://thecanadianschooloffrenchmarquetry.com/